One thing that is forever evolving is what makes us feel fulfilled in life. As we develop and grow, so do the things that make us feel ALIVE. In some ways, that may make us think we are not living to our full potential or not living in our purpose, but that cannot be further from the truth. This is where grace comes in — it is okay to evolve. It is even necessary, because you will not be the same person at age 30 that you are at 40 or 50, and with each new chapter in life comes a new purpose. I like to think of it as a shedding process similar to that of a snake. Each new layer brings a new version of yourself that is better than the last because we are forever evolving and forever healing as long as we are willing to do the work.
Letting Go Of The Memories
We have to release our past so that it no longer has power over our thoughts and actions. It is impossible to fully make yourself forget about your past or ignore the feelings that may arise. But if you set attainable goals, then the effect it has on you will shift drastically. Helpful tips include:
- Make peace your priority.
- Remind yourself that everything that happened was for a bigger purpose.
- Time will heal your wounds, but we are all on our timetable, and that is okay.
Make The Work Your Priority
Doing exercises that allow you to connect with the things that activate your triggers fully are great things to have in your toolbox. Whenever you are shifting into a new chapter and shedding the old to make room for your unique purpose, it may help you write or think through the following questions.
- How do you feel? Is there anything from the past that you think maybe resurfacing? For me, this sometimes shows up as sadness when I see happy families together.
- But why? What’s the source of that feeling? What I took away from that is: I desire to create a traditional family unit for my daughter, and seeing others with the things that I want activates feelings of hurt. What do I do with that?
- Forgive me. Release the thought. Set an intention or affirmation. We know that there is purpose in our past and our triggers. One of my mentors constantly reminds me that, “there is no intrinsic value in beating ourselves up.” Hence, with that, we lean heavily on grace and then create a statement that acknowledges the feeling but reverses the thought pattern behind it. In this particular example, it would be something along the lines of, “I am open and ready to heal and grow from my expectations of what I thought life should be and fully embrace what life is.”
When we make the conscious decision to acknowledge our feelings and work through them, we create a more fulfilled life. With as little as 30 minutes, we can create space for stillness in our lives that can empower us to considerable shifts in how we do life and result in abundance and joy on level we could have never imagined.
NeoraFit™ Ambassador Brittany Giles began her mission to share her fitness journey with the world three years ago. That journey drastically changed the way she viewed fitness. Fun workouts, her favorite fitness events, and nutrition tips are the foundation of FitXBrit, while she also focuses on the mind viewing “fitness” from a mental and spiritual aspect as well. Brittany believes “our bodies are easy to train and it just takes focus and commitment; however, our mindset can be a bit more challenging when we are looking at overall health.” Ultimately, Brittany’s goal is to share all of herself: the educator, fitness and nutrition enthusiast, the mom, and the woman on a journey to achieve peace.