Breakfast for Lunch: Western Omelet
|slice ham steak, diced (you can substitute with 1 slice of deli ham or turkey, chopped)|
|red bell pepper, finely chopped||1/4|
|yellow pepper, finely chopped||1/4|
|jalapeno finely chopped||1/2|
|shredded sharp cheddar cheese||2 tbsps|
|salt and pepper|
This is a great option for a weekend brunchy breakfast or when you have had a long am aerobic workout.
- In an 8-inch, non-stick frying pan, add a knob of butter and melt it down until the pan is evenly coated.
- Add vegetables and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add ham, stir, and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat down to low and let the veggies simmer while you prepare the eggs.
- Crack 3 eggs into a bowl, add a pinch or 2 of salt and pepper, beat the eggs with a fork until egg whites and yolks are well blended, taking care not to overbeat or make bubbles.
- Pour veggies out of the pan and give it a wipe, add another knob of butter, and melt it till pan is coated.
- Pour in the eggs.
- With a spatula, gently push the eggs from the pan edge inwards, as the eggs begin to set. When the eggs are set, turn off the heat and add the cooked veggies on one side and the cheese on the other.
- Cover pan and let stand for 1-2 minutes. Fold the cheese side of the omelet over the other, and gently plate it.