Pad Thai with Air Fried Tofu
|Pad Thai noodles, or flat rice noodles||8 oz|
|jar Pad Thai sauce||1 8oz|
|package of extra firm tofu, pressed and sliced||1 12oz|
|rice vinegar||1 tbsp|
|fish sauce||1 tbsp|
|tamari (or sub soy sauce)||1 tbsp|
|heads of baby Bok choy, chopped into large pieces||2-3|
|green onions, sliced into 2-inch pieces||2-3|
|Optional: additional vegetables like carrots, broccoli, red bell pepper|
|Optional garnishes: bean sprouts, crushed peanuts, red chili sauce, lime wedges|
Pad Thai is one of our favorite quick meals. You can put it together in about 30-35 minutes, so it takes less time to make than ordering delivery! And it’s flavorful, healthy, and easy!
Tofu is an excellent source of protein, but the way it’s prepared truly makes all the difference. We love this air fryer method!
- Pressing your tofu will make all the difference. First, wrap the entire block of tofu in clean dishcloths or paper towels. Then place a heavy pot on top of it for about 20 minutes. After ten minutes, switch the wet towels for dry ones, flip, and then continue pressing.
- Slice the tofu into triangles, cubes, or any shape you like.
- We love the air fryer for tofu that is crispy on the outside and soft in the middle but if you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake or pan fry your tofu instead.
- This recipe is not 100% from scratch – it’s the busy person’s version! We used a jar of Pad Thai sauce rather than making our own. Using jarred sauce allows you to put this together in literally thirty minutes.
- Once your noodles are boiled, they need to go straight into the pan so they don’t get hard.
- If you’re vegan, skip the egg.
- Press your tofu for at least 20 minutes to get out as much of the water as possible. Then marinate in fish sauce, rice vinegar, and tamari. Preheat your air fryer to 400. Fry tofu for about 10 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- While your tofu is being pressed, boil the noodles for about 5-7 min.
- Meanwhile, stir fry Bok choy in a large pan or wok using olive, sesame or avocado oil.
- Once the noodles are done, drain them and add them to the pan with the Bok choy. Add green onions. Stir fry for about one minute. Then add the pad thai sauce and stir fry for an additional minute.
- Move everything to the side of the pan. Crack the egg into the pan and scramble. Mix everything together.
- Once the tofu is finished, you can either mix the tofu in or plate the tofu on top of the noodles.
- Garnish with more green onion, red chili sauce, lime wedges, crushed peanuts, or any additional garnishes you like.
- Serve & enjoy!
Share & Print
← Previous Personal Pumpkin Pecan Pies
Next → Cauliflower Frito Misto