White Bean Board
|cannellini beans, drained||2 cans|
|olive oil||3 tbsps|
|lemon, plus more to taste||Juice of 1|
|roasted red pepper, chopped||1/2|
|sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped||8|
|fresh parsley, chopped||1/4 cup|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
We’ve been seeing butter boards all over our social media feed for quite some time now and while we haven’t tried creating a butter board yet, this White Bean Board has been the star at several dinners and parties lately! It’s so easy to make that you can throw it together in half an hour!
This white bean spread is rich, tangy, and garlicky and is topped with more roasted garlic, tangy sun-dried tomatoes, briny capers, parsley, and crispy prosciutto. Don’t expect leftovers!
- We served this with a loaf of baked sourdough, crackers, and fresh veggies.
- We used roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, capers, and crispy prosciutto. You could also opt for roasted red pepper, artichoke hearts, olives, Calabrian peppers, or anything you like!
- Roasting garlic takes the most time but is so worth it. We used a whole head of roasted garlic. Half goes into the white bean spread and the other half is used as a topping. While fresh garlic has a bite to it, roasted garlic is more mellow, sweet, nutty, and rich.
- Preheat the oven to 400. Peel the papery layers off of the garlic. Cut the top of the garlic off so the tops of the individual cloves are exposed. Drizzle with olive oil and salt then lightly wrap in aluminum foil. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Leave the oven heated to 400 to bake the prosciutto. Lay the prosciutto on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 8-12 minutes, or until crispy. Once cool, break into small pieces and set aside.
- Once the garlic has cooled, add about half of the roasted garlic cloves to a food processor along with the cans of cannellini beans, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt to taste. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- Spread the white bean spread over a cutting board or platter. Top with the remaining roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, crispy prosciutto, roasted red peppers, capers, parsley, and additional salt and pepper.
- Serve alongside toasted bread, crackers, or vegetables & enjoy!
Share & Print
← Previous Apple Cottage Cheesecake Bars
Next → Steak Fajita Bowls