5 Skincare Mistakes that are Damaging Your Skin (and the Neora Product Solutions to Fix It)
We’re more than seven months into the year, and so far, the best anti-aging trend of 2017 has been skin protection and prevention. You may think that younger-looking skin comes at an astronomical cost but it’s much more simple than that: aging gracefully simply requires sticking to a healthy lifestyle and finding the right skin care product for your face. That’s one giant leap in the right direction towards flawless skin at any age! Let’s consider this: if protection and prevention are on trend, what are we supposed to DO and NOT do when it comes to our skincare regimen?
DO Stay on Trend with These Tips for Healthy, Youthful-looking Skin:
- Protection: Protect your skin against environmental factors and stressors such as excessive sun exposure, smoke, and pollution, as these can cause irreparable damage to your face, neck, and body, resulting in an appearance that looks dull and damaged beyond your years.
- Prevention: Drink plenty of water, follow a nutritional and balanced diet, try a variety of fitness routines (e.g., body weight training – so much fun!), and always apply sunscreen before taking on the day. You’ve got this!
Sometimes, you may not even know that your lifestyle and habits are causing damage to your skin, and the repercussions of your style of living are only visible years later. What then? Well, good news:, it’s never too late to STOP doing what’s harmful to your skin and to START doing what’s healthy.
More than anything else, Neora cares about the condition of your skin, body, and mind. That’s what we do. For this reason, we would like to also share a few skin care DON’TS to help prevent damage to your face, and a few extra tips to help with the rest of you.
Don’t. Do. This.
- Don’t overlook the importance of double cleansing your face at night: If you wear foundation, long-lasting makeup, or daily sunscreen, Dr. Rabia Malik recommends double cleansing your face and neck because these types of products are especially difficult to remove. Consider how much dirt, oil, makeup and other impurities from smoke and pollutants come off on your facial cloth just with a one-step cleansing routine. Adding one more step to your routine allows for a much deeper clean to wash away most of the daily grime! Who wouldn’t want clear, clean, and beautiful-looking skin? Well, luckily for you, Neora’s new Double-Cleansing Botanical Face Wash is sure to remove oil-based impurities and makeup when applied to dry skin. Then, after adding water, Face Wash transforms into a soft, milky lather for deep-down, yet gentle, cleansing. Now, you can easily remove non-waterproof makeup and all the day’s dirt with Neora’s Double-Cleansing Botanical Face Wash. It’s by far the freshest way to start and end your day!
- Don’t moisturize too much or too little: Moisturizing your skin too much can lead to shiny, greasy skin while moisturizing not enough will leave your skin feeling tight, flaky, and looking dull. While Neora Age-Defying Night Cream works to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, discoloration and enlarged pores, our Age-Defying Day Cream delivers all the moisture and hydration your skin needs.
- Don’t forget to use eye serum: Why use Neora Age-Defying Eye Serum instead of an eye cream? Glad you asked! Serums are “fluid and lighter than an eye cream,” according to The Dermatology Review, and also tend to absorb more easily into the skin not leaving a greasy residue. Neora Age-Defying Eye Serum addresses the signs of emerging fine lines and crow’s feet around your eye — all at the same time! BONUS TIP: Compliment Eye Serum with Neora Eye-V™ Moisture Boost Hydrogel Patches! Our innovative patches deliver targeted hydration to the delicate skin around your eyes for the appearance of an instant and refreshing “eye lift”.
- Don’t dismiss dull-looking skin: Your lifestyle impacts the appearance of your skin. Fortunately, many issues can be resolved by getting plenty of rest, drinking enough water, and regularly getting exercise. Still, at times, you may feel and look like you need a bit of a boost. IllumaBoostTM Brightening & Shield is Neora’s latest innovative product — a skin booster that should be added to your daily skin care regimen to help brighten, hydrate and guard your face against environmental stressors. Simply mix a couple of pumps with your Night or Day Cream, foundation or sunscreen for a quick boost of skin-benefiting ingredients. You can also apply it directly to your skin. It’s that easy!
- Don’t forget the rest of your body: Neora customers and fans have come to expect more from Neora than just skincare products. Our comprehensive approach to anti-aging transforms how you look on the outside and feel on the inside. For those who need a little more help on the outside, Neora offers Firming Body Contour Cream – a Neora’s breakthrough formula targeting problem areas for a sleeker, more youthful-looking body.
We’re always looking for more tips, dos and don’ts and just general feedback from our fans! If you have any suggestions, questions or additions to our list, please comment below. We would love to hear from you! In the meantime, which ONE of our Neora products would you recommend to a friend?
Absolutely love my Neora lineup.
I have always been an outdoor gal in the sun, working in the dirt and always sweating, definitely more than a glisten! At night I’d use some soap and a washcloth to scrub off the day. Figured my skin was clean when it felt tight when dry. What I didn’t know was hurting me! So grateful for a friend who set me straight. My wrinkled, leather-like skin was not very attractive to say the least! Neora has changed the leather into soft, moist skin.The wrinkles I earned with my habits have softened and my skin glows. The saggies around my mouth, cheeks and neck are firmed up and I feel pretty now that my skin looks the best it can with Neora. I enjoy the many compliments on my beautiful skin. Thank you, Neora!
I would like a product with sunscreen in it please.
Mary, thanks so much for the feedback.
Hi Mary D, I’m so glad there ISN’T sunscreen in these products. You may need SPF 100 where as I don’t use higher than SPF 30. I prefer to choose my own level of protection, when I need it!
There are no sunscreens that will make everyone happy. The most natural least offensive sun screens are the mineral ones with large particles, the classic zinc oxide creams that have the consistency of putty and are generally not that pleasant to apply and make you look visibly white. The next is the nanoparticle zinc oxide and other minerals, that are transparent in the visible spectrum and certainly spread better, but there is rising concern about their safety and would be controversial for some. The rest of the sunscreens are not natural and synthetic chemicals of which some are safer than others but for which many might wish to avoid or simply not want in their skin care regimen.
There is also the issue that these ingredients would have to be blended in at a certain concentration (presumably the day cream moisturizer or body cream) and the amount might be seen as too little for some or too much for others. At the moment, it seems prudent for Nerium to give the consumer the freedom to choose to add a particular sunscreen or not.