Cacao Cottage Cheesecake
|16 oz container of cottage cheese||1|
|powdered sugar||1/2 cup|
|Optional: graham crackers for the crust, chopped nuts or shaved cacao for topping|
Everything you think you know about cottage cheese is wrong! Unless of course, you think it’s a high protein, super versatile base for many delicious treats – then you’re right!
If you don’t like cottage cheese, it’s probably because of the texture. This is why whipped cottage cheese is a total game-changer.
This Cacao Cottage Cheesecake tastes more like a rich chocolate mousse, but we’re calling it a cheesecake because of the graham cracker “crust”. Whatever you want to call it, we hope you make this and enjoy it guilt-free because each serving has 14 grams of protein!
- We used gluten-free graham crackers as the base. You can easily skip the “crust” completely if you prefer.
- We added chopped pecans and pistachios to the top but you could also garnish with fresh raspberries or chopped hazelnuts!
- The dessert is so rich that you could easily split this into even smaller servings.
- We layered this into mason jars. Ramekins or any smaller dishes would work as well.
- You may want to refrigerate before serving so your cheesecake is a bit more solid.
- If you prefer a stronger chocolate flavor, try adding more cacao or sugar or add a very small amount of brewed coffee or instant coffee. An additional ¼-½ teaspoon should be enough to bring out the chocolate flavor.
- Add cottage cheese, cacao, and powdered sugar to a high-powered blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Layer crushed graham crackers, cottage cheese mixture, a second layer of crushed graham crackers, more cottage cheese mixture, and top with chopped nuts.
- Serve & enjoy!