|heads of garlic, peeled||3|
|A few sprigs of rosemary, or herbs of your choice|
|extra virgin olive oil||1 1/2 cups|
Garlic confit sounds pretty fancy but is so easy to make! This can be used in various ways, including on bread, in pasta sauces, or with oil to make salad dressings. And garlic confit mashed potatoes? Don’t get us started!
This recipe is almost too easy. It just takes three ingredients – garlic cloves, oil, and herbs. We used extra virgin olive oil since it’s roasted at such a low temperature and we choose rosemary, but any herbs will do!
One important thing to note is that this must be stored in the refrigerator or freezer since bacteria will grow if it’s not stored correctly. In the refrigerator, it will stay good for about two weeks, or you can store it in the freezer for about two months.
- Use a smaller baking dish. The garlic cloves will need to be fully submerged in oil so a smaller dish takes less oil.
- Peeling the garlic takes some time and effort. Buy pre-peeled garlic to make this even easier!
- Preheat oven to 195.
- Place herbs, peeled garlic cloves, and olive oil in a small baking dish.
- Bake for about two hours or until the garlic cloves are soft. Remove the herbs.
- Serve on your favorite crusty bread & enjoy!