Easy Kimchi Fried Rice
|cooked white rice, cooled to room temperature
|peanut oil or sesame oil
|olive oil or preferred cooking oil
|kimchi liquid or rice vinegar
|green onions, thinly sliced
Looking for a quick and easy way to spice up your weeknight dinner routine? This easy Kimchi Fried Rice recipe is for you! Packed with bold, tangy flavors and hearty ingredients, this dish is the perfect way to satisfy your hunger and spice up your taste buds.
The star ingredient of this dish is undoubtedly kimchi, a traditional Korean side dish made from fermented vegetables like cabbage, radishes, and scallions. With its pungent, sour flavor and fiery kick, kimchi adds a unique depth of flavor to this fried rice dish, while the bacon adds a satisfying crunch and smoky flavor.
Kimchi is rich in probiotics, which help to support a healthy gut microbiome and can help to improve digestion and boost overall immune function.
Kimchi is also low in calories and fat, but high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. It is particularly rich in vitamins A and C, which are important for immune function and skin health, as well as calcium, iron, and magnesium. Additionally, some studies have suggested that kimchi may have anti-inflammatory properties, although more research is needed in this area. Adding kimchi to your diet can be a delicious and nutritious way to support your overall health and well-being.
So, if you’re looking for a quick and easy way to add some excitement to your dinner routine, give this easy Kimchi Fried Rice a try!
- If you’re vegetarian, skip the bacon and add mushrooms instead! Or opt for vegetarian bacon.
- We love green onions so we used two but you can add more or less depending on your preference.
- Feel free to add in some additional vegetables like mushrooms or Bok choy. Add them after you’ve cooked your bacon or sauté in a separate pan and add in when you add the kimchi.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan and sauté for 10-15 seconds.
- Add bacon and cook for about 5 minutes or until almost done.
- Add kimchi and sauté an additional minute or two or until soft.
- Add rice, peanut oil, and kimchi liquid or rice vinegar. Stir thoroughly and sauté an additional minute.
- Garnish with green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4-6 servings