Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Sugar-Free, Guilt-Free Brownie
|oat milk or milk of your choice||1/4 cup|
|old-fashioned oats||1/3 cup|
|cacao powder, or cocoa powder||1 tbsp|
|baking soda||1/4 tsp|
|Pinch of sea salt|
|Chocolate chips - as many as your heart desires|
|Optional garnish: top with ice cream, raspberries, whipped cream, or chocolate syrup|
Want a satisfying, allergy-friendly dessert without leftovers? This guilt-free Brownie recipe is for you!
How can a brownie taste good without sugar? Half an overripe banana. It’s like magic!
Want something sweet in a pinch? Check out our microwave recipe that takes less than two minutes. Not in a rush? Use your oven for a fluffier brownie!
Microwave users beware – you may be tempted to make it every night!
- We divided our batter into two oven-safe ramekins and cooked one in the oven and one in the microwave. Both versions tasted amazing! The microwave version came out a bit denser while the oven-baked version was fluffier and rose higher. But once you dig your spoon in your taste buds won’t mind the difference.
- If you like sweeter brownies, feel free to add a teaspoon of maple syrup, honey, or coconut sugar. These are naturally sweetened with the overripe banana.
- While most oats are gluten-free, some may contain gluten. If you have a gluten allergy, make sure to purchase gluten-free oats.
- If cooking in an oven, preheat to 350.
- Add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips to a blender & blend until smooth.
- Lightly grease a small oven-safe baking dish. Pour batter into the dish and top with chocolate chips.
- If baking in an oven, bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- If using a microwave, heat for 45 seconds, check and if it still looks raw, continue cooking ten seconds at a time until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 1-2 servings