Green Pasta Primavera
|extra virgin olive oil||2 tbsps|
|thin boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces||3|
|your favorite pasta noodles - angel hair, zoodles, chickpea, red bell pepper or whole-grain||8 oz|
|cloves minced garlic||4|
|chopped onion||1/2 cup|
|asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces||1 cup|
|cut broccoli florets||1 cup|
|sugar snap peas||1 cup|
|chicken stock||2 cups|
|freshly squeezed lemon juice||1/2 cup|
|Zest of 1 lemon|
|freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for topping||1/2 cup|
|Salt, pepper and garlic powder|
|Fresh basil for garnish|
What’s better than a pasta dish? A healthy pasta dish with your daily serving of veggies! Pasta doesn’t have to be synonymous with carb loading, and this Green Chicken Pasta Primavera is a perfect example of that. Read the recipe below to learn how to elevate your pasta with nutrient-packed ingredients.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and add chicken plus salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook the chicken until golden and cooked through, about 5-8 minutes. Set the chicken aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook 8 ounces of pasta.
- Return the skillet to the stove and heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil plus 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the chopped onion and garlic. Cook about 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add 2 cups of chicken stock and 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice and the zest of 1 lemon. Stir and add chopped asparagus, broccoli and sugar snap peas as well as salt, pepper and garlic powder. Simmer with the lid on until veggies are cooked but still crunchy. About 3-5 minutes. Return the chicken to the skillet.
- Add the drained pasta to the veggie/chicken mixture.
- Add 1.5 cups of grated Parmesan and mix thoroughly until creamy. Pasta will absorb liquid, so add more chicken stock or Parmesan cheese if necessary.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh basil. Serve with additional Parmesan.
← Previous Veggie Paella
Next → Kale, Bean and Potato Soup