Kale, Bean and Potato Soup
|chopped onion||1 1/2 cup|
|chopped celery||1 cup|
|chopped carrot||1 cup|
|chopped cloves of garlic||4-5|
|olive oil||3 tbsps|
|chopped kale||12 oz|
|medium yellow potatoes||6|
|cans of northern beans||2|
|veggie stock or chicken stock||32 oz|
|sprigs of thyme||3|
|Salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to taste|
Too busy to spend hours in the kitchen? No problem! Soups are one of the easiest and most delicious ways to whip up a nutritious meal with minimal work. In addition to hassle-free prep, soups are arguably even better leftover. Keep reading for a flavorful yet healthy kale, bean and potato soup recipe.
- In a large Dutch oven or soup pot, saute 1.5 cups of chopped onion, 1 cup of chopped celery, 1 cup of chopped carrot and 4-5 chopped cloves of garlic in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and oregano to taste.
- Add a 12 ounce bag of chopped kale and continue to saute. Add more olive oil and salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste.
- Once kale is cooked down, add 6 medium yellow potatoes that are cubed into bite-sized pieces. Keep the skin on.
- Add 2 cans of northern beans, drained.
- Add 32 ounces of veggie stock or chicken stock. If vegetables are uncovered, add more stock or water.
- Add 3 sprigs of thyme and cook on low heat for 2 hours or until potatoes are cooked.
- Remove thyme sprigs before serving.
- Serve with parmesan cheese sprinkled on top!