Morning Espresso Protein Shake
|vanilla flax milk, or milk of your choice||3/4 cup|
|freshly brewed espresso||1 serving|
|cacao powder||1 tbsp|
|vanilla extract||1 tsp|
|dates, pit removed||2-4|
|NeoraFit Slim + Skin Collagen Powder||1 sachet|
|NeoraFit Plant Based Protein Powder, Natural Vanilla Flavor||1 scoop|
|Optional: cherries, raspberries, cacao nibs, or chocolate chips for garnish|
I love espresso. I think it’s in my blood. I grew up learning how to make espresso the Cuban way (and was horrified by how much sugar my aunt put in it!). Azucar!
I love drinking espresso first thing in the morning and any time I’m with my family. But coffee can be an appetite suppressant so I know it’s not a great habit when you’re trying to be healthier and eat at regular intervals.
My solution? This protein shake.
I get my cafecito fix AND a healthy serving of protein and fiber to keep me energized and not just jittery.
Plus it has chocolate. Need I say more?
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Optional: garnish with fresh berries, more chocolate, or anything you’d like!
- Serve & enjoy!
- I used a full banana, which can be super filling. Opt for half a banana if that feels like too much for you. You can sub ¼ cup Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt to keep it creamy.
- I made this with vanilla flax milk but use any milk of your choice.
- I opted to use dates for sweetener because they have fiber. You can use honey instead if you prefer. Espresso is bitter so you won’t want to skip sweetener unless you like the bitterness.
- I used organic cacao. Cacao is a superfood and a great source of magnesium and lots of other vitamins and minerals. Cocoa powder can be substituted if you don’t have cacao on hand.
- I used fresh brewed espresso, but you can sub instant espresso powder if you prefer and just add more liquid.
Share & Print
← Previous Cotton-Candy Grape Green Kiwi Smoothie
Next → Pesto Turkey Sandwich