Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie
|dairy-free milk of choice||1 to 1/2 cups|
|frozen pineapple chunks||2 cups|
|NeoraFit Plant-Based Protein Powder Natural Vanilla Flavor||2 scoops|
|fresh turmeric, grated (or 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric)||1 tbsp|
|fresh ginger, grated (or 1/3 teaspoon of ground ginger)||1 tsp|
This Pineapple Turmeric Smoothie is so refreshing! It’s perfect for springtime or summer.
While this smoothie tastes like dessert and may even remind you of an Orange Julius, it’s a nourishing powerhouse of a smoothie with all-star ingredients! Pineapple, turmeric, and ginger are all packed with vitamins, and nutrients, and contain compounds with a slew of health benefits.
See below for some of the nutritional benefits of pineapple, ginger, and turmeric.
- Pineapple is a good source of vitamin C, which plays a vital role in immune function, skin health, and wound healing.
- It contains an enzyme called bromelain, which has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce pain and swelling.
- Pineapple is a good source of dietary fiber, which can help regulate digestion, reduce constipation, and improve overall gut health.
- It is also a rich source of antioxidants, which can help protect against oxidative stress.
- Pineapple contains compounds called polyphenols, which may have beneficial effects on heart health by reducing inflammation and improving cholesterol levels.
- Turmeric contains a compound called curcumin, which has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. These properties can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body.
- It has been found to have a positive effect on brain health, potentially improving memory and reducing the risk of age-related cognitive decline.
- Turmeric may also help alleviate symptoms of depression and anxiety, with some studies showing it to be as effective as prescription medications.
- It has been found to have beneficial effects on digestive health.
- Ginger has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce inflammation and swelling in the body.
- It can also help alleviate nausea and vomiting.
- Ginger has been found to have a positive effect on digestion, stimulating the production of digestive juices and enzymes that can help reduce bloating, gas, and constipation.
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties that can help boost the immune system.
- Ginger has also been linked to lower levels of cholesterol and blood sugar, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
- We used frozen pineapple and a fresh banana, but you can switch to fresh pineapple and a frozen banana, or add ice if using all fresh ingredients.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Serve & enjoy!
Share & Print
← Previous Shakshuka