White Bean Pesto Chicken Bowl
FOR THE PESTO CHICKEN AND WHITE BEANS
|either chicken thighs or breasts||2 lbs|
|Juice of one lemon|
|¾ cup of pesto, or one 6-6.5-ounce jar of pesto|
|pine nuts||1/4 cups|
|olive oil||4 tbsps|
|red bell pepper, diced||1|
|garlic, minced||2 cloves|
|vegetable broth||1/2 cup|
|white wine||1/4 cup|
|15-ounce cans of white cannellini beans, drained||2|
|sun-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped||2-3 tbsps|
|12-ounce package of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved||1|
|Salt and pepper to taste|
This White Bean Pesto Chicken Bowl recipe is a delicious and healthy meal that is perfect for any day of the week. It’s filled with protein-packed white beans, juicy chicken, and a flavorful pesto sauce that is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Not only is this dish incredibly delicious, but it’s also easy to make and can be customized to suit your preferences. Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy lunch or a satisfying dinner, this White Bean Pesto Chicken Bowl is a must-try recipe!
Did we mention it’s all made in one pan? Easy to make and easy to clean up!
- We used a 6.5-ounce jar of pesto for this recipe. If you have time to make homemade pesto, homemade pesto is always amazing. However, this recipe has so much flavor that even the store-bought version tastes amazing.
- We used chicken thighs, but if you prefer breast use that, but be sure to adjust your cooking time and check that your internal temp is 165.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl, then mix in lemon juice and ½ cup pesto. Let marinate at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, onion, red bell pepper, and garlic to the skillet. Cook for 10-15 minutes at medium heat or until almost thoroughly cooked.
- In a separate small pan, toast pine nuts over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until fragrant. Then set aside.
- Add wine and allow to reduce until mostly evaporated.
- Then add white beans, sun-dried tomatoes, and cherry tomatoes. Cook until white beans and tomatoes have softened, or about 20 minutes. Add additional broth as needed.
- Top with pine nuts. Serve with additional pesto.
- Serve and enjoy!