Salmon Cakes & Salad
|cooked or canned salmon||12-14 oz|
|mashed potato, prepared to taste||2 cups|
|salt and pepper to taste||1/2 tsp|
|fresh Italian parsley, chopped||2 tsps|
|For coating: 1 beaten egg, breadcrumbs|
Salmon Cakes are easy to make and break from the usual weekday meals and provide precious omegas and plenty of protein.
- Break up fish with a fork
- Beat egg
- Combine salmon, egg, potato, and all seasonings in a bowl. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Form mixture into equally sized patties
- Dip patties into egg, then coat with breadcrumbs
- Fry in frying pan until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel
- Serve with green salad or desired veggies