Scramblin’ for Protein
|prewashed baby spinach|
|salt and pepper|
|basil or italian seasoning|
A quick and easy scramble when you have a bit more time in the morning and are craving a more substantial breakfast or a perfect post-workout breakfast with staying power to get you to lunch.
- In a small pot or deep fry pan combine the mushroom and cherry tomatoes, add salt, pepper, red pepper, and basil or Italian seasoning.
- Pour water in the pan until the veggies are barely covered and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray frying pan with spray oil, fill it up with baby spinach, sprinkle on salt, pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper, and cover to let the spinach steam and wilt.
- Remove the spinach into the serving plate.
- Break 2 eggs into the same pan on medium high and use a spatula with holes to gently break up the egg yolks. Keep pulling the edges of the eggs toward the middle with the spatula until just before its fully cooked and plate your eggs.
Boost it: add some diced ham or cut up some turkey slices, fry them up and add into the scramble.
← Previous Sonia’s Catfish Salad
Next → Salmon Cakes & Salad