Teriyaki Chicken Bowl
|chicken breast, diced||1.5 lbs|
|Roasted vegetables of your choice; we used broccoli, carrots, yellow and red bell pepper|
|cooked rice or cauliflower rice||2 cups|
|olive oil||2 tbsps|
|brown sugar||3 tbsps|
|rice vinegar||2 tbsps|
|peanut oil or sesame oil||1/2 tsp|
|fresh ginger, minced||4 tsps|
|garlic, minced||4 cloves|
|Optional garnish: green onion, avocado, sriracha sauce|
Ready for an easy weeknight dinner that combines nutrition, convenience, and incredible flavors? This Teriyaki Chicken Bowl ticks all the boxes – providing a balanced meal packed with vegetables, lean protein, and a homemade teriyaki sauce that will make your taste buds sing with delight!
If you’re looking to nourish your body with wholesome ingredients while juggling the demands of a busy life, this recipe is designed with you in mind! In this fast-paced world, finding time to prepare healthy meals can be a challenge, but fear not! The Teriyaki Chicken Bowl is a perfect solution for those seeking a quick and nourishing option. By swapping traditional rice for cauliflower rice, we’re reducing the carb content while boosting the vegetable intake. Plus, the homemade teriyaki sauce ensures we have full control over the ingredients, minimizing unnecessary additives and sugars commonly found in store-bought options.
With its vibrant colors and incredible flavors, this bowl will not only satisfy your hunger but also keep you on track with your fitness goals. So, roll up your sleeves, gather your ingredients, and embark on a culinary journey that supports your well-being. Whether you’re a fitness enthusiast or a busy mom looking for nutritious meals for the whole family, this Teriyaki Chicken Bowl recipe is here to make your life easier and tastier. Let’s get cooking and fuel our bodies with deliciousness!
- You can use any vegetables you like for this bowl. We roasted one head of broccoli, one red bell pepper, one yellow bell pepper, and four carrots. Bok choy would be great for this as well.
- We used cauliflower rice for this bowl and bought it frozen. You can also skip the rice entirely or use regular rice.
- We love this homemade teriyaki sauce and sometimes double it to make teriyaki salmon or stir-fry some veggies and tofu with it later in the week. It keeps in the fridge for about a week.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Prep your vegetables, toss in olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken to the skillet once hot and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Check to make sure the internal temperature reaches 160 and if not, cook for another 3 minutes or until done.
- Meanwhile, make your sauce by whisking together tamari, water, honey, brown sugar, rice vinegar, peanut oil, ginger, garlic, and cornstarch.
- Once the chicken has been cooked, pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken and thicken the sauce by cooking for about another minute or so. Stir throughout to avoid sticking.
- To assemble the bowls, place ⅓-½ cup of cauliflower rice (optional) into the bowl, and top with roasted vegetables and chicken. Spoon additional sauce over if desired and garnish with green onions, avocado, hot sauce, or anything else you’d like.
- Serve and enjoy!
Makes 4-6 servings