Easy Homemade Pizza Night
|packed fresh basil - or sub 1 cup basil one cup spinach or kale||2 cups|
|pine nuts||3 tbsp|
|large cloves garlic - peeled||3|
|lemon juice||2 tbsp|
|nutritional yeast||3-4 tbsps|
|sea salt||1/4 tsp|
|extra virgin olive oil||2-3 tbsps|
|water - or more if needed, can also substitute more olive oil for a richer taste||3-6 tbsps|
|cauliflower pizza crusts||2|
|8 oz package of Kale Cashew Pesto (or homemade pesto recipe above)||1|
|8 oz package mozzarella style non-dairy shredded cheese||1|
|head of broccoli||1|
|cloves of garlic or more to taste||6|
|sundried tomatoes||1/4 to 1/2 cup|
|fresh tomato - sliced|
|salt and pepper to taste|
This homemade pizza is a total crowd pleaser! It’s vegan and gluten free but can easily be made with real cheese if you’re not sensitive to dairy.
I used a store bought crust. The cauliflower crust from Trader Joe’s is gluten free and really delicious. Use any crust you like! The recipe calls for two and feeds four people. I also used a store bought pesto – the Kale Cashew Pesto from Trader Joe’s as well. You can sub homemade pesto or use a non-vegan pesto if you prefer!
The toppings I used this time were roasted broccoli, roasted garlic, sundried tomatoes, and fresh tomatoes. Artichokes make a great addition. These are just suggestions – but the most fun thing about homemade pizza night is playing with different toppings and adding things you love!
If you have kids, let them help you spread the pesto or add the toppings. They love getting involved!
- Preheat the oven to 450. Spray pan with olive oil or avocado oil and season broccoli with garlic salt, or use salt and pepper. Roast your broccoli for 8-12 minutes. If roasting garlic, place this in the oven with the broccoli.
- Cook pizza crusts as directed on the package. I placed them on a baking sheet and baked for 10 minutes, flipped them over and baked another 10 minutes, then removed them from the oven.
- Spread pesto evenly onto crusts. Add shredded cheese, broccoli, sundried tomatoes, fresh tomato slices, roasted garlic, and any other toppings you’d like.
- Broil pizzas for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until a sauce consistency is formed.
- Taste & adjust seasonings as needed.
- Use on pizza, on pasta, on avocado toast, on a sandwich, in a salad – just about anywhere!