Pesto Pasta with Broccoli
|package of gluten free rotini pasta (or regular rotini if not gluten free)||1|
|head of broccoli cut into bite sized florets||1|
|olive oil||1 tbsp|
|package of basil pesto (I like Trader Joe’s vegan kale cashew pesto! Or make homemade if you prefer.)||1|
|sun dried tomatoes, chopped||1/2 cup|
|pine nuts (optional)||3 tbsps|
This Pesto Pasta with Broccoli is a quick and easy meal you can throw together in under an hour. It’s flavorful, healthy, packed with vegetables, and absolutely delicious.
I used Jovial gluten free pasta. Another good gluten free pasta is Banza chickpea pasta. If you’re not gluten free, you can easily sub regular pasta.
Using a store bought pesto makes this recipe quick and easy with very little prep, but if you prefer homemade pesto you can make it while your broccoli is roasting and water is heating up. Or use that time to get in a quick workout or take care of some chores!
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Add broccoli florets and olive oil to a baking sheet.
- Roast broccoli florets for 15-20 minutes – check at 13 minutes
- Bring 3 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Add plenty of salt to the water, about 1-2 tablespoons. Add the package of pasta and cook for 12 minutes, or as directed.
- Drain pasta, leaving a little bit of pasta water. Return to pot and stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add broccoli, pesto, sun dried tomatoes, and pine nuts if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!