Shirataki “Miracle” Noodle Stir Fry
|8oz packages Shirataki noodles||2|
|14 oz package tofu, drained and pressed (can sub shrimp or preferred protein)||1|
|avocado oil or other neutral oil for cooking||2 tsps|
|minced garlic||1 tbsp|
|minced ginger||1-2 tbsps|
|shredded carrots||1 cup|
|chopped green onion||1|
|optional sprouts or micro greens for garnish, I used micro broccoli|
|peanut butter||1/2 cup|
|tamari or coconut aminos||2 tbsps|
|maple syrup||1-2 tbsps|
|chili garlic sauce||1 tsp|
|juice of 1-2 limes, about 2-3 tablespoons|
|water to thin|
Shirataki noodles, sometimes called konjac noodles or miracle noodles, are a low carb alternative to rice noodles or pasta. They’re plant-based and grain free! They’re keto, paleo, gluten-free, and vegan – which is why they’re often called miracle noodles! They’re safe for just about any dietary restrictions and can be delicious!
They’re best stir fried, but can also be eaten cold.
This recipe can be thrown together in less than thirty minutes, making it an easy, healthy dinner or lunch.
The peanut sauce is super flavorful, but you can easily sub almond butter or sunflower butter if you have a peanut allergy.
To press the tofu, drain the package and rinse with cold water. Cover with paper towels or clean kitchen towels and press with a cast iron skillet or something heavy for about twenty minutes. Once most of the moisture is pressed out, cut into cubes. Some crumbling is normal.
- Drain and rinse tofu. Press with paper towels for about 20 minutes to get as much water out as possible.
- Drain the shirataki noodles and rinse with cold water.
- Add the noodles to a nonstick skillet or wok and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium heat. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet. Saute garlic and ginger until fragrant, about one minute.
- Add carrots and saute for 3-5 minutes until tender.
- While the carrots are cooking, start the sauce. Combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Add water as needed to thin.
- Add in tofu and cook for 1-2 minutes each side.
- Add the cooked noodles, and sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add green onions, and optional sprouts.
- Remove from heat. Serve & enjoy!